Monday, February 25, 2008

Baltimore

Two weekends ago my husband took me away for a night in Baltimore. Needless to say it was so nice to be able to get away from the responsibilities of house-cleaning, Jack-watching, and food-cooking. We stayed in a hotel across the street from Peabody. Here is the view from our room.


We went over President's Day weekend, so it was only appropriate that we honor Mr. George Washington by visiting a statue created in his honor. For any of you who are actually reading the words and not just looking at the pictures, did you know I'm related to George Washington? At least this is what my grandmother tells me, and I don't mind believing it (and reminding my husband of it frequently).


Here are a couple more pics I took as we walked from our hotel to the Inner Harbor. (Quick shout out and thanks to my friend Rachael Pookay who gave me her camera years ago. Rachael, thank you. It has been one of the greatest gifts I've ever received. I love taking pictures!)




We met up with some of our friends for dinner the night we were there. We were originally going to go to Legal Seafood, but they were closed down (sadness). So our friends made reservations at M & S Grill. Did anyone else besides us not know that "M & S Grill" is a non-fancy way of saying McCormick and Schmick's??


It wasn't until after we had finished eating and were looking at the bill that we realized where we had really been. Kris said, "We were at McCormick and Schmick's this whole time!? I wish I would have known! I think I would have enjoyed my meal more."



I had such a wonderful time with you, Hubby. Out of it all you were my highlight. :)


2 comments:

mindy said...

Hey Jess, sounds like little Jack should work that family connection for a great college scholarship!

Cara said...

That was a truly beautiful view from your hotel window! A certain cg lady of yours should get extra credit somehow for hooking you up with that.

So glad you were able to get away for some just-us time.