Wednesday, February 4, 2009

4-Month Check Up

For some reason I always forget that "well check-ups" mean "You're child is healthy and happy so we're going to stick her 4 times with a needle so she'll scream." Ok, I know the nice doctors and nurses aren't mean people, it's just that I only seem to think that well check-ups tell me how big and pudgy my kids are and I conveniently forget about the shots part. Emma took it like a big girl (picture beat red face and large tears while trying desperately to calm herself by vigorously sucking on as many fingers as possible.)

Here are a couple pictures I snapped as soon as we got home. Poor, tired girly.

On a happy note, she weighed in at 16.6 lbs, stood/laid at 25 in. long, and a head circumference of 43 somethings (I'm guessing/hoping centimeters). That puts her in the 95th percentile for weight, 75th for height, and 90th for head. Feel free to comment on my mammoth children. I can take it.

4 comments:

christy said...

They're HUUUUUUGE!!! Just kidding. :) Maddie had a great time with Jack last night. She appreciated him sharing one of his beloved crackers with her.

Anonymous said...

He would have given her more crackers but he got her confused with another blonde girl and he started calling her Maddie and handing over his crackers.

C. said...

I have great affection for children who suck their 2 front fingers like my girlie does. And I DREAD those shots!!! Savanna always goes ultra-sonic... the silent, tomato face...then the huge gasp, then the scream. And why do WE have to hold them down?!

She's cute! And yes... HUGE :)

Unknown said...

Ha! I totally understand! My kiddos were ALWAYS 95th in weight, and 50%in height!