Monday, December 17, 2007

Williamsburg in the Winter

December 5th my Hubby proposed to me. Ahhhh...sweet memories. So, since then we've returned to the spot where he proposed at the same time. This year was no different. The trip began as any good trip begins, with a trip to Cracker Barrel. And nothing says Cracker Barrel like the ever popular "jump the golf tees" game. (I'm sure there's a more refined name for it, but you know what I'm talking about.)



Well, I am proud to say that I have a "genius" for a husband. Not once, but twice he widdled that annoying little thing down to one tee! I was so proud of him I made him take a picture.


Then it was onward to the old part of Williamsburg. We like to try a different tavern every time we go, and this time it was Josiah Chownings (mostly because it was impossible to get reservations anywhere else!) Below is Mr. Josiah. That was great fun. They seat you at group tables, in other words, no privacy. So we struck up a conversation with the couple across from us and had some fun watching the tavern's magician do his tricks.

The rest of the day we enjoyed the sites, sounds, and smells (provided by the lovely beasts below) of Williamburg.

My Hubby in front of the fireplace at the Williamburg Inn. (We could never afford to stay there so we just hang out in front of their fireplace and pretend.)


While Kris read I went on a photo adventure, as I often love to do cause he often loves to read! Below are some shots around the Williamburg Inn.

The "Library" of the Inn.

A mysterious spiral staircase. (Ok, not so "mysterious" but I liked the sound of mysterious.)

The golf course.

And we ended the day with a romantic walk around the "grounds". We discovered that our camera has a timer! This means 2 things. 1) I don't have to beg people to take our picture anymore, and 2) no more up-the-nose self portraits. You're welcome.

The photo below happened when I asked if we could do something different besides just stand next to each other. He said, "Come here." I said, "But what are we going to do?" He said, "Just come here." So being the good wife that I am I listened, and as I counted down 3, 2, 1...he scooped me up and the rest as they say, is history.

I love you, Hubby.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You guys are so cute. I'm glad you had a great trip!

Seth and Janet said...

SO cute. I love that last picture :)