Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Samuel James Has Arrived!!

Samuel James was born late on August 21 at 11:30pm. The short story is that on Friday I went in for an appt., started laboring shortly after that and continued a slow labor for the next 48 hours or so. We finally went into the hospital and we decided to break my water since I was already 4cm dilated. Once that happened things progressed very normally, but not tooooo painfully until I was about 6 cm at which point I realized how tired I was (we had walked for about 5 hours total trying to get labor started without breaking my water) and I wanted to give up. Kris encouraged me to get in the shower. After an hour of him reciting Scripture to me or encouraging me with every contraction I had dilated to 9cm. That was encouraging of course, but then I had to get to the bed! They monitored me for 20 minutes while I longed for the shower. About 20 more minutes in the shower and I was ready to push. I told Kris and he went to look for my midwife. He returned to say they were looking for her. Looking for her! What?Ok, she arrived within a couple minutes and all I had done is get out of the shower. With some major help from Hubby I made it back to the bed and started to push. Four pushes later and Sammy was on me, gooey and gorgeous.

Here are some of my favorite pics so far.










Once we arrived back home big brother Jack took over. All he wants to do is "protect him" and "play with him." Precious.




And these are thanks to a new camera lens my Love bought me as a delivery/anniversary/birthday present. :)






4 comments:

Becca said...

he's adorable Jess! congrats (to all of you guys)--I love how expressive his little face is. :-)

kelly ploon said...

Congratulations! So happy for you both!

Annie said...

What a beautiful baby! I love the pics with Jack & Emma too. How sweet! Congrats you guys!!!

Amy said...

Congrats, Jessica and Kris! What a blessed family you have! Sammy is soooo cute! :-) Hope you all are doing well and settling into life as a family of FIVE!!!! Love you!!!

-amy