Monday, December 21, 2009

The Blizzard of 09!

I had to laugh when every news station kept referring to our snow as the Blizzard of 09! I guess 1-2 feet of snow counts as a blizzard. It sure counted as a fun weekend for us!

If you think the pictures on this post look better than most posts past, that is because I have some amazing friends. Bryant and Tiffany White totally blew me away when they gave me their newly replaced DSLR Nikon Camera. It's a never-thought-I'd-have-one dream come true. I love photography, but a nice camera like this was always out of our price range. I can't believe they just gave it to me! Anyway, I'm still reeling from their generosity. You can enjoy the byproduct of their generosity in these pictures from the weekend. Thank you Bryant and Tiffany!!


Within 1 minute of our little girlies first snow adventure she was face first into the 18+ inches.
She didn't like it much, needless to say...
Despite some initial wimperings, she slowly got used to it.

And Jack seemed to be in his natural element. He played outside for over 2 hours straight!


My little snow angel.

Still not sure about all this...
Trudging his own path...

"Hey, I can handle this!"
"I was just getting used to it and you stick me in the middle of it?!"
Backyard play time...
The "monster hill" created thanks to Mr Snow Plow.

He was going down at quite a clip.
So Daddy decided to try it (on a smaller hill)....
I didn't get a picture of it, but with his first attempt he actually tumbled backwards and rolled to the foot of the hill behind him. It was quite funny. But now he's got it in the right direction...


What a fun day!!

1 comment:

HM said...

Jess, these pictures are awesome. The kids are absolutely adorable...I can't believe you already have 2 kids when just a few years ago you were getting married:) I also just got a Nikon DSLR so I hope to learn how to use it as quickly as you have---the number of buttons scares me a bit:)
Merry Christmas!
Helen